Voting Day at Palliser Heights!!!

We have spent last the two weeks discussing the federal election. We have discussed the different parties, who their leaders are and who their local representatives are. We have learned that we vote for local representatives and not party leaders. We have discussed the different parties’ platforms and talked about what each candidate stands for. Today we did this questionnaire to figure out where each of us stood on the political spectrum.  Then we finally got to vote in a simulated election at Palliser Heights School!

20151016-150933.jpg
We have learned that you need photo ID to be able to vote. So we all got some very special photo ID!

20151016-150955.jpg
This is our polling station.

20151016-151033.jpg
Voting is private. No one can watch you vote

20151016-151054.jpg
We tallied the votes together. These are our results:

20151016-151209.jpg

Vote

We are excited to talk to our families about voting and hear what our parents have to say. We can’t wait to see the results from the real federal election on Monday night!!!

15 thoughts on “Voting Day at Palliser Heights!!!

1. Dear Ms .Kreuger
    I like your coment about when we did mystery skype.
    Did you like the mystery skype? I like skypeing with people from other states. You did a good job knowing where we lived.

your friend
    Miguel

• Dear Miguel,
      We had a lot of fun trying to guess where you live. It was good practice for us to learn about the United States. How are you liking The Year of Billy Miller?
      Sincerely,
      Mme Kreuger’s Class

2. Dear Madame Kreuger’s Class,

Hello Madame Kreuger’s Class,my name is Brisa.And I am in the class that we skyped with in Ms.Myers class.I really like your blog,its so awsome!Does it ever rain really hard in Canada?Sometimes it does in Apache Junchine,but not like those super,super hard ones.How many students are in your class?I really liked our skype we had.Good luck on voting on Palliser.
    Sincerely,

Brisa:)

• Dear Brisa,
      Thanks for commenting on our blog. It’s very exciting when we get comments, especially from students in another country! It sometimes rains hard here in Moose Jaw but usually we just get a lot of wind. We get a lot of snow in the winter time. There are 25 students in our class. We hope to talk to you soon!
      Sincerely,
      Mme Kreuger’s Class

• Hello Madame Kreuger,

Thank you for your reply!It is exiciting
        when we get commets on our blog too!We have 29 students in our class.What is your favorite part of Billy Miller?We justed reached chapter
        5.Cant wait till we skype again,we
        can talk about what we predict about Billy Miller.

Your Friend,
        Brisa:)

• Hello Brisa,
          We can’t wait either. We’re thinking Billy Miller is a really good book. What is the address of your blog? We want to comment on yours too! We think Billy is going to be excited when his dad finishes the cigar boxes. We are in the middle of chapter 5 too!
          Your friends,
          Rhett, Josie and Owen

• Dear Crew,
      In Saskatchewan, Grade 3 students only learn to multiply up to 5 X 5. Do you know how to multiply 9 X 9?
      We like math!
      Sincerely,
      Mme Kreuger’s Class

3. Dear Mrs.Kreugers class,

I love your classes Voting Day picter .What is your schools name?I remember wen we Skype together.

Your friend,
    Hannah

• Dear Hannah,
      We had a lot of fun doing our own election at school. We had a federal election on Monday and a new Prime Minster was elected. It was very exciting! We don’t have a president. Will your school be doing a vote to practice for your election?
      Sincerely,
      Mme Kreuger’s Class

4. Dear Mrs.Kreugers 3th grade class,

I love your Voting Day.What is your schools name?Remember wan we Skype together?

Your friend
    Hannah

• Dear Hannah,
      We learned a lot about voting in our class because Canada had a federal election this week. We now have new Prime Minister. You will be getting a new President too! Will you be practicing voting at your school?
      Sincerely,
      Mme Kreuger’s Class

• Hello Aaliyah,
      I think our class is good. We are polite because we live in a peaceful country maybe. Are you in Mrs. Meyer’s class?
      Sincerely,
      Parker and Owen